I have been involved as co-lecturer and teaching assistant of several BSc and MSc Computer Science courses and projects, which always resulted in a pleasurable and formative experience.
Primary responsibilities covered supervising research and course projects, tutoring teams of students, conducting seminars and exercise sessions, correcting exams and deliverables, managing e-learning platforms, attending weekly meetings with instructors to align course content, material, and grading criteria.
- Software Architecture (MSc. 2015, 2018, 2019). Instructor: Remco De Boer
- Software Testing (MSc. 2016, 2017). Instructor: Natalia Silvis-Cividjian
- Service Oriented Design (MSc. 2015, 2017, 2021). Instructor: Patricia Lago
- Software Modeling (BSc. 2016) Instructor: Patricia Lago
- Literature Study and Seminar (MSc. 2018-2021). Instructor: Patricia Lago
- Digitalization and Sustainability (MSc. 2020, 2021). Instructor: Patricia Lago
- Service Science (BSc. 2015). Instructor: Jaap Gordijn
- International Software Architecture PhD School (ISAPS) (2021). Role: Moderator.
- Software and Sustainability: Towards an Ethical Digital Society (2020). Role: Lecturer.
I had the great pleasure to supervise (in quality of first or daily supervisor) the following theses:
- “ATDx: A tool for Providing a Data-driven Overview of Architectural Technical Debt in Software-intensive Systems”, Sebastian Ospina. BSc. 2021
- “Visualization of Energy Consumption in Container-based Hardware Virtualization”, Andrew Tan. BSc. 2021. 🏆 Best Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam BSc Thesis Award 2021.
- “Under pressure! Characterizing the relation between technical debt and scheduled releases”, Atrestis Karalis. MSc. 2021
- “The Energy Footprint of the Data Center Industry”, Floris Boeve. MSc. 2021
- “The Energy Footprint of the Data Center Industry: a Dutch Perspective”, Christiaan Beels. MSc. 2021
- “Architectural Tactics to Optimize Softwarefor Energy Efficiency in the Public Cloud”, Sophie Vos. MSc. 2021
- “A sustainability-quality model in digitalization projects”, Ayesha Noorain Rizwan. MSc. 2021
- “Real-time visualisations of an energy consumption metric for virtual machines”, Patrick Hoekstra. BSc. 2021
- “Visualising the Energy Consumption of Selected DC Components of a Data Center”, Rowan Suurmond. BSc. 2021
- “Detecting Architectural Technical Debt in Stack Overflow Discussions”, Nicholas Kozanidis. BSc. 2020
- “ArchiDroid: Automated Android App Architecture Reconstruction”, Mohammad Vakili. BSc. 2020
- “Recontstructing the Architecture of Android Apps”, Tanjina Islam. MSc. 2019
- “Guiding Developers in Architecting Android Apps”, Geert de Pont. BSc. 2019
- “Technology Considerations and Design of a Web Application for Training and Surveying Software Developers”, Frederik Bonfanti. BSc. 2019
- “Effect of HTML5 Local Storage Strategies on Energy Consumption”, Ahmad Yasir Moosavi. MSc. 2019
- “Usage of Local Storage Strategies in the Most Visited Websites”, Ali Nikouei. MSc. 2019
- “Mining GitHub repositories for analyzing the evolution of statically-detectable bugs.”, Bob van den Berg. BSc. 2018
- “A study on the evolution of resource leaks in Android and iOS apps.”, Christopher Ras. MSc. 2018
- “A Cross-Store Study on Performance-Related Commits in Mobile Applications”, Hui Chen. MSc. 2018
- “Proposed Scenarios for the Environmentally Sustainable Development of Tourism Transport within Europe”, Sophie Vos. BSc. 2018
- “Mining testing artifacts for Android applications”, Vasco van Meekeren. BSc. 2018